FAQs About The PMP Certification
Whether you’ve made up your mind on becoming a certified PMP or you’re just looking to learn a bit more about it, there are tons of questions that you want and need to have answered, such as:
- What is the application process for the PMP exam? It’s normally a five step process which includes the submission of your application, review and approval by PMI, scheduling your exam, and a possible audit.
- How do I apply for the PMP exam? You must go to PMI’s Online Certification System to submit your PMP exam application.
- Must I be a member of PMI to apply for the PMP exam? No, PMI membership is NOT a requirement to apply for the PMP exam. But, keep in mind, PMI members are granted a discounted price on the exam.
- How far back can I go when asked for my Project Management experience on the PMP application? Include all of your PM experience within the last three consecutive years.
- Can I submit my application for the PMP exam with a hard copy versus online? Hard copy applications were discontinued by PMI circa mid 2015. The only way to apply now is by completing it online.
When it comes to FAQs about the PMP exam, this is just the very tip of the iceberg. There is so much to know before you can even think about moving forward with the idea of becoming a certified PMP. But you’re fortunate enough to have The Smart PMP here providing all the guidance you need. No matter what questions you come up with, we have the answers for you! Don’t believe us? Try us out for FREE! Go to TheSmartPMP.com to schedule your free, no obligation 15 minute phone consultation. All it take is one call to change your life.